How to Understand the Weather App Forecast Perfectly

Decoding Rain Percentage in Weather Forecasts

Have you ever checked your weather app, only to be puzzled by the percentage chance of rain? It turns out that many of us have been misinterpreting this data. Let’s clear up the confusion surrounding what a ‘30% chance of rain’ actually means.

Common Misconceptions

For a long time, there has been confusion when it comes to the percentage chance of rain. Some believe that when the weather app forecast says there’s a 30% chance of rain, it means there’s a 100% chance of rain in that area but only affecting 30% of that area. However, this interpretation is incorrect. TV personality Scarlett Moffatt was also among those who had misunderstood this concept, sharing her revelation on TikTok.

The Correct Interpretation

The US’s Met Office has stepped in to clarify what these percentages truly signify. According to weatherman Alex Deakin, when a weather app indicates a certain percentage chance of rain, it means exactly the likelihood of rain occurring in that location at that time.

The Correct Interpretation

For example, a 60% chance of rain means there’s a 60% probability of rain, leaving a 40% chance of dry weather. The Met Office’s website also explains the concept, stating that when they predict an 80% probability of rain in your region, it means there’s an 80% chance of rain occurring at any specific place within the region.

The Bottom Line

To put it simply, when you see a percentage chance of rain on your weather forecast app, it tells you the likelihood of rain occurring at a specific place and time. This percentage doesn’t indicate how much of the area will get wet or how long the rain will last. So, if you spot a 30% chance of rain, it means there’s a 3% probability of rain happening. Understanding this makes reading weather forecasts much clearer and more accurate.

Fall Guys Has Registered a Record “Epic Games” Store Player Count

Fall Guys went free-to-play a few weeks ago after it left Steam and became an Epic Games Store exclusive. After the change in storefronts, the Fall Guys player count on Steam still received a huge spike, scoring almost five times as many players as it did at its peak. Unsurprisingly, it’s doing pretty good on Epic and even set a new record for active players on June 21, when Fall Guys went free.

Fall Guys Set a New Record for Active Players When it Became Free

Fall Guys promotional image

It was a huge week for Fall Guys as they had more than doubled their previous active player record, contributing to a record number of players for the store. Epic thanked all the new players and clarified that the record number of active players referred to the cumulative number on the storefront during that day. Apparently, Fall Guys greatly contributed to the total number.

Player numbers for individual Epic Store games aren’t readily available but that is not the case on Steam. It enables people to draw conclusions about how a game is doing. According to Steamcharts, the all-time peak of players for Fall Guys on Steam was 172,026, putting the total number of players enjoying the game at 350,000.

Fall Guys Is Now Epic Store Exclusive but Is Still Played on Steam

Fall Guys gameplay image

So far, Fall Guys keeps getting significant attention on Steam, despite not being available for purchase there. It recently achieved a peak concurrent player count of over 56,500. Apparently, Fall Guys got 20 million total players during the first two days after going free to play. That kind of sudden rise in players is bound to bring about some challenges. Apparently, Mediatonic is still rolling out updates to ensure the new load of players gets handled properly.

The latest updates are really impactful. PS5 Players will be able to get into games when in a Party and teams will no longer spawn in the same place during Team Rounds. The company has also fixed some visual issues with Nintendo Switch and Spawn FX, some buttons and intro cameras, and issues with Airtime and Sweet Thieves intro cams.

Mediatonic Fixed Many Bugs That Fall Guys Had in the Past

Fall Guys gameplay image

Mediatonic fixed a bug that kept party members in the queue, even though a new player had joined the party. They also fixed visual issues like invisible tiles, control issues, and graphical corruption problems. Animation problems, communication issues, and a problem with freezing when changing controllers were all resolved as well, among other issues. Unfortunately, Mediatonic disabled the Daily Store while working on some of the more persistent issues. They then ensured the store was back online. Now that Fall Guys is getting even more popular, it is certain that it will receive more updates and fixes as time goes on.