Pancakes are a well-known meal for breakfast all over the world. Most people are used to seeing the original pancakes on the table, maybe with some berries or chocolate and maple syrup drizzled over the top. However, there are so many kinds out there, and you might not even know how perfect a different style can be – unless you try it. This Japanese-inspired recipe involving green onions and spinach might look different, but it is delicious and deserves a try!
The Necessary Ingredients for the Pancakes
Many people aren’t fans of change because they feel it will take longer or require more things to make or get done. But this recipe shouldn’t worry anyone. It’s easy, and the ingredients are not as many as you may think. Eggs, salt, pepper, green onions, baby spinach, chopped garlic, and micro greens if you prefer a more modern design. That’s what you need – and some vinegar and vinaigrette, which most people have in their pantries anyway. If you have all these ingredients, you’re halfway to making the recipe!
How to Make Them
The ingredients may seem easy enough to acquire, and the recipe for these delicious Japanese-style pancakes is even more straightforward. Beat the eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl and set that aside. Cook the garlic until fragrant and discard it. On high heat, cook the spinach! Spread the pancake mix as if you’re making an omelet, put in the spinach, roll it up and take it out. Do the same with the rest of the mix. Cut it up, add your microgreens and vinaigrette, and viola!
Pro Tip for Easy Cooking
Have you tried separating your egg yolk from the white with a plastic bottle? Crack them in a bowl and give it a whirl! It’s a game changer for anyone looking to make recipes like the Japanese pancake easier!
Finally – these Japanese-inspired egg pancakes with green opinions and spinach might be your next favorite dish! Give it a try, and invite some people to taste your newfound recipe and see what they think!
A Simple Recipe for Mozzarella Fritters with Pesto and Greens
Mozzarella is good on its own, but fried mozzarella is even better. Before you dive deep into the steps of how to make delicious mozzarella fritters with pesto and greens, it’s important to note that frying the cheese should be the last thing on your mind. This means that you should have the table set, the sides placed, and the diners ready to dig in. These fritters, like Carbonara pasta, should be eaten immediately to truly get the delicious essence of the dish.
The Ingredients That Are Needed
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of panko breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 10 ounces of spring greens salad mix, or other desired mixed greens
- 2 lemons
- 8 ounces of fresh mozzarella
- Store-bought pesto, for serving
- Ciabatta bread (for serving; optional)
How to Prepare the Mozzarella Fritters
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk in the ½ cup of all-purpose flour with 1 tablespoon of kosher salt and black pepper. In a separate shallow bowl, lightly beat the 2 large eggs. In another shallow bowl, add in 2 cups of panko breadcrumbs.
- In a large bowl, place the freshly washed spring greens salad mix and drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the salad. Cut 1 lemon in half and juice it over the greens. Toss the salad to coat evenly and season as desired.
- Cut the 8 ounces of mozzarella into ½” thick slices, about 8. Work with 1 slice at a time. Cover the mozzarella in the seasoned flour and shake off the excess, then dip it into the eggs, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl. Then, place the mozzarella into the flour and egg mixture a second time. Then, coat the mozzarella in panko as you press gently so that the breadcrumbs adhere to the cheese. Transfer to a plate until all 8 pieces are coated.
- Heat the 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a medium-size skillet. Carefully place a maximum of 2 mozzarella slices into the pan and cook. Turn halfway through until they’re golden brown on each side, about 6 minutes total.
- Serve the mozzarella fritters over your salad with some store-bought pesto and ciabatta bread on the side. Garnish with lemon.